Hello everyone!
So Sunday I had my Character Performer audition. It was a really fun experience, I had visions of “A Chorus Line” when I arrived. Small dance studio and about a hundred people (plus their friends/parents) all squished inside. Everyone was waiting around for the sign ups to start (which were at 3) and I kept looking around wondering where any Disney representatives were. My mom joked to me that they were all probably stuck in traffic. Well, what do you know, at 3:00 exactly they walk inside and quickly rush to one of the Studio rooms and then come out and tell everyone to line up inside. I got up to the table expecting forms, but there were no application forms, just put your name and then get a number. I was number 24. So I started stretching and just noticing everyone around me. Met some nice people and then they told us they were going to split the group up, the first 60 were going to learn the easy combination and then they were going to make the first cut.
Wow! That was quick!
So, the rest of the crowd (61-109 to be exact) left the room and me and my 59 other auditonees got in a large group in front of the choreographer and she taught us the steps. It was so SIMPLE! We did this a couple of times and then we were put into a line (HELLO A CHORUS LINE! Haha) and we went up in groups of four. I smiled and had fun. But soon it was over and it was time for the first cut. We all waited in line again and they called out the numbers for peope to stay. They reassured us that they were looking for a specific look and told us to try again while on the program and thanked us for coming out. I felt like time had frozen while waiting for my number to be called.
”…20! 21! 22! 25!…”
And I felt my heart drop a little but then I smiled because: A.) I already have the attractions job, B.) I can try agian later, and C.) At least now I know what to expect.
The girl next to me was this small Asian and she got called and she gave me this huge hug saying I did good and to try agian. I looked around at the ones staying and realized they had called either people really short or people really tall, so it wasn’t anything big, they just had a HUGE specific for what they were looking for. So, I left literally an hour after I had started and headed back home to pack for the long drive back to school the next day.
So some good news! I have some roommates! One is Taylor and she is from southern Florida and we met on the Facebook College Program Page. She’s really funny and sweet and she will be in Merchandise. I also met Megan through the facebook page and she's in merchandise too (shout out to Meg who has a blog here as well!). She's awesome and really funny and she loves Harry Potter just as much as I do! She's from Ohio. And then there's Valerie, who's in Quick Service Food and Beverage (or QSFB for short) and she sounds like so much fun. She's from Puerto Rico and loves shopping and dancing. (Another shout out to Valerie who has a blog as well). I’m excited and I can’t wait to meet them.
Only 72 more days!
No comments:
Post a Comment