Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Disney Grad Trip Report Day 5 - Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Our last and final day behind the cut. Enjoy!

Our last day was spent at the one place (besides Disney of course) we were really excited to see and experience. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!! We again got there early and followed the crowds through Universal back to Hogsmeade/Hogwarts.



When we walked through that gate we all got really excited and felt a rush of joy go through us. We had grown up reading the books, we are the Harry Potter generation, the first book came out when we were 11 and we aged with Harry and the gang. So being here was a big deal for us, just like Disney was a big deal. Both things we had grown up with and meant a lot to us.




Anyways, back to the park. So we walked through the street of Hogsmeade in awe of everything around us. We noticed Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey had a 30 minute wait time and we knew we weren't going to see that short ever again, so we grabbed that one first.




We walked up to the castle and were practically bouncing with excitement. We walked in and then we had to lock up our stuff in the lockers. So sadly, my camera got locked away too for the ride. The castle was fantastic and the ride was even more amazing. I don't want to give any spoilers away but if you get motionsick, even a little take Dramamine. Even if you don't get motion sick, you might want to take something. The ride is a little intense but it's really awesome at the same time. I was giggling and screaming at the same time the whole ride.



After we finished with Hogwarts, we went to the Dragon Challenge (or otherwise known as Dueling Dragons) since it had a short wait time as well. And we also had to lock up our stuff again, so my camera got locked up again too. Again, the que line was awesome and we went on it back to back, riding a different dragon each time. It was after our second go-around that our one friend Dana, who hadn't taken any Dramamine, was feeling a little queasy, so we decided to do some shopping and then go on the Hippogriff ride.








My friend Alli got a regular Butterbeer, but I decided to hold out on getting a Frozen one later, I heard the Frozen were better.




So after some shopping, we went on the Hippogriff roller coaster. This one I was able to take my bag with me, so I got some pictures of the que line.






After the Hippogriff ride, we decided to have lunch at the Three Broomsticks. The Three Broomsticks was so good! I got the chicken lunch with frozen Butterbeer which was PHENOMINAL! I am in love with Frozen Butterbeer and that chicken lunch was so delicious.





After lunch, we did our final shopping at Zonkos and Honeydukes. After we were done there, we headed home for the day. Hot and tired, we got Wizarding World of Harry Potter done by about 2. This is where our trip ends. We had a great time and I am even more excited to go down to Disney to start working and I couldn't ask for a better vacation with awesome friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment