Sunday, May 29, 2011

The reality is sinking in...

I can not believe I am moving away from home in 8 days (well technically 7, since I'll be in Orlando on Sunday lol). The reality of the situation keeps hitting me at random moments and today while I was packing up some dishes for me to have when I get my own place after the program it just hit me. I'm finished with college and now moving on with my life. I'm actually moving away from my small town (okay, it's not that small, but compared to Orlando, it's small) and going to a big city and going to work at the most magical place on Earth!

It boggles my brain!

But in all seriousness, I'm excited, anxious, and nervous all at the same time. I'm definitely going to miss my friends and family, but they know this is what I want to do and what I need and they couldn't be more happier for me. They know I've always wanted to work at Disney and this is the perfect opportunity for me. I am excited to get working, I'm excited to meet my roommates and hang out with them and do all the stuff we've been talking about doing. I'm excited to meet new people and I'm excited to start this new chapter and adventure in my life. I know this experience is going to change me and I know it's going to change me for the good. And I seriously hope I can stay on the program or get full time/part time at Disney after the program because after just visiting a few weeks ago, I know I want to move there and settle and work at Disney for a while.

So to those of you who are already down there or are getting ready to get down to Disney to start the College Program, I can't wait to meet you and I know we all are going to have a blast. Only 8 more days till the magic and the awesome experience starts!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for my new chapter either.I know exactly what you mean... I'm going to miss all my family/friends back home, but I need to do this! I've wanted to do this for so long. I can't believe it's so close. Can't wait to meet you, Kat!

    ReplyDelete